Thursday, April 28, 2011

Backup

A second tech writer got assigned to TDP. I had been expecting this eventually, because when the SMEs are finally done there will be a lot of work to do ASAP. They aren't, though, so I was a little surprised to have H. request this now. She bent over backwards to tell me that it was not intended as a criticism of or complaint about my work. She said she just wants one writer taking note of decisions made while the other works on the document(s). I just hope she made it equally clear when talking to my supervisor.

I guess I'm just a tiny bit worried about that - not in a performance-review sense, I think I've done a good job of managing expectations and everyone knows how screwed-up this project is - but in a genuine, doing-a-good-job, letting-people-down sense. Weird of me, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment