Wednesday, April 27, 2011

About me

I'm in my late 20s at the moment. I've spent most of my life in the northeastern U.S. I moved to the DC area in the summer of 2008 and shortly wound up at my current job. If I had come down to DC with a more firm plan or looked for work harder or just happened to get a job offer from someone else first, I might have been working for a politician or advocacy organization all this time, but this is what I found and like I've said, I like it well enough.

I've been blogging for about eight years now. Rarely anything seriously, mostly personal stuff to keep friends and family in the loop or vent my frustrations or pontificate about whatever topic interests me. I tried some posts about politics and current events here and there, but didn't stick with it. I wasn't thick-skinned enough for it, and I also wasn't able to keep up a serious posting schedule. I like to write, but not enough to stick to it regularly without someone cracking a deadline whip. About three posts a week is more or less what I'm aiming for these days, and even that is a lot more than I've managed in years, but it's a really slow posting rate for anyone who blogs professionally.

But still, blogging for eight years, I said, and I like to write, so where is it? Answer: not here. Recently I feel like I've had quite a bit to say about work, but that seems risky. Even if I don't feel the need to vent about something specific, you never know when I might, or what someone else might interpret as more controversial than I do. And my other blog has always had quite a bit about my personal life on it. So I created this to reduce risk.

Also, this seems like as good a place as any for a quick note: I am likely to not follow up on things here, especially things just mentioned as off-the-cuff examples. Sometimes I will, like this update to a previous post for example, but I won't always. This blog is not a novel, posts are not intended to tell a coherent narrative, I'll try to keep things coherent but I won't always bother, and sometimes the best way to maintain confidentiality might be to not mention something at all. One point of all this is, don't assume that something continues to be a problem until I come right out and say it has been fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment