Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Boundaries

One problem I have is being too open with my supervisors. It's complicated because they all happen to be pretty nice, approachable people, and, as always, the oddities of this job put them in positions much like my own often.

But I still need to remember that they're my bosses. I can't go around saying that I'm deliberately doing something in a way that makes it more likely for other people to make mistakes, or reject proposed options based on the incompetence or lack of care of higher-ups. I've done each of those within the past month. The latter was in an e-mail, and hindsight being 20/20 I'm really lucky she didn't simply hastily forward it by accident.

More generally, though, I've got to remember it because presumably my bosses don't want me to be thinking like Wally in Dilbert. Or at least, they don't want to know that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment