Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Beating expectations

I just left a meeting about the doomed project in a good mood. Except for one paragraph the lawyer has to write, and half a dozen things the lead SME is still waiting for word on, we're around where we were supposed to be by last Friday.

That sounds very depressing when I summarize it, but considering that a meeting this morning went even worse, and considering that yesterday I thought we wouldn't be this far for another day, I still feel pretty good about it.

Also, "my" "official" review of the doomed project started this past Monday. I was dreading it, and so far that seems justified. Yesterday afternoon's post is the kind of thing I have to deal with on a big, rough project written by many different people. As for the messed-up scheduling of this one, yesterday morning's vignette was part of the problem. Happily, though, yesterday's vignette was talking about almost a third or so of the rule, and if - and I hesitate to even get my hopes up this much - if we really are down to one paragraph from the lawyer and half a dozen things for the lead SME to check, then that really is a big improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment