Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vignette

The lead SME on the doomed project came in to talk to me for a few minutes just now. He's getting a bit pushy about dividing up work and is stressed about how things are going, but as I've said, he's been forbidden from seeing his family, so I guess I should give him a break.

After he left, my cubicle neighbor IMed me to commiserate about working with him. I thanked him and pointed out that while the lead SME is annoying, the unhelpful guy is definitely worse as far as helping me actually do my job goes. For example, as I told my neighbor:
I sent him an e-mail yesterday with four questions, numbered for convenience. He sent me a reply back with answers to three, and he misnumbered one of them. And the missing answer is not something mysterious or complicated, it's just "what should I name this table?"

I sent him another e-mail with that question but still haven't got an answer to that, even though I have to other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment