Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jet lag

Back from vacation and things are... OK. Very OK. Not better, not worse. I worried about the doomed project a fair amount over the vacation, partly rationally and partly not, but in the end it was in right around the state I would have hoped for: most of the instructions and related text are basically done. The one part of them still undone is something we knew for a while could become a problem and I genuinely did everything I could about it in advance. Outside my sphere of responsibility, other problems on the project continue to crop up at the usual pace, no worse than that.

Nothing came up out of the blue that completely derailed things. Team members' bosses seem no more unhappy with us than usual. No one seems angry at me and the state I left things in. There were problems with the blackmail project which might be worth a full post of its own, and today has gone by in a haze due to a steady caffeine supply due to both jet lag and little sleep, but all things considered, nothing came of the big doomed project that I worried about while I was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment