Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What was I thinking?

What was I thinking, getting so enthusiastic about meeting that stage's deadline? I really should have known better. Partly just out of broad cynicism about this project, my job, and life in general. But I also should have known better because the next stage of the project is no better for me. I mean, what we were doing was still part of the "informal review", which means that it was annoying and tough to keep track of, particularly with version control issues, but in the end, for me, nine times out of 10 there were simple instructions and it was just a matter of doing them.

I should have remembered that the part of the project after that is my actual job, editing the document, and I would now need to get started on it. On a document that is very messy because of how we've been doing things, plus all the other problems with the doomed project. The next week and a half will not be fun, and after that period I'm going on vacation, and coming back from vacation will really, really not be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment